Enquiring minds want to know ...
- Who thought up this project, and did they manage to submit the funding proposal with a straight face?
- Did anyone do any sums?
"Agriculture produces about 16 per cent of Australia's greenhouse gas emissions and two-thirds of that is methane produced by farm animals ... Cattle produce about 70 kilograms of methane a year and sheep produce about one-tenth of that."
- Let's see ... 2/3 of 16 is 10.6666. So sheep produce much less than 1% of the greenhouse gasses in the country. Anyone want to guess the percentage produced by, oh I don't know, cars and factories, to choose two non-sheep things at random?
- Do they seriously expect to devise a genetic strategy based on a mere 200 samples?
- What sort of a surname is Goopy anyway?
- Would a real scientist say something like "I don't know if you have ever been inside a sheep's tummy, but it's the most fascinating part of the ecology," ("tummy"?, "ecology"?)
- What scientist refers to pathogens as if they are people: "we're trying to get a handle on who the organisms are"?
Don't say you weren't warned.