- the unexpected recovery of a friend from a near-terminal illness
- the graduation of all the medical students I taught 3 years ago - a very proud moment
- taking the first steps towards a relationship with long-lost nieces
- the discovery that casual acquaintances with similar interests can provide even more comfort in times of great sadness than friends with different interests
- the unexpected deaths of one dear dog and two dear friends
- the unexpected and abrupt termination of a 30-year close friendship
- the end of an immensely satisfying 4 years of teaching medical students
- the discovery that unsolicited appreciation seems to be out of style
Outlook for 2013
- an essential change of direction in personal life and employment
- details as yet unknown, but hopes are high for a far better year all round, and a full box of crayons ...
I'll be watching this space.